Complete Cad, Inc. provides Architectural Drafting, Design, and CAD detailing services to architects, designers, developers, builders, and homeowners, in the residential construction industry.
Though our focus is residential drafting and design, we also provide detailing services to manufacturers for everything from furniture to corporate environments.
If you can imagine it, we can draw it.
Prior to moving to the desk side of construction, we have had an extensive list of accomplishments in the construction industry; everything from foundation work to fine cabinetry & glass. Today, we continue to work for some of the same clients we did then. We feel the reason our clients come back is because we strive for high quality work provided in a dependable time frame and from a tradesman’s point of view. Being a small company also allows us to charge less, which for the local builder is usually a perfect fit. Complete Cad prides itself on designing quality plans that strive to keep the consumer’s needs first and foremost.
To provide high quality plans at a affordable price. High quality means fewer questions in the field, enough detail to get it right the 1st time and no changes necessary because something doesn’t work as drawn. Things line up, materials fit the application, and there’s no surprises when construction begins. When you need to reach us, we’ll be there and you’ll get results. Bottom line, the project gets built exactly as designed.
What’s in a plan?
If you’ve still got questions about what a plan contains exactly, we’ve built an example set that can be downloaded free of charge. This plan roughly reflects what an actual home plan will contain and can help answer any remaining questions you may have. Download Example Plan
What does CAD stand for?
CAD stands for Computer Aided Design
How much does a complete set of home plans cost?
- Ranch and Raised Ranch Home Plans (under 1000 s.f.): $300 *add .25 per s.f. over 1000
- 1 1/2 Story Home Plans: $400
- 2-Story and Split Level Home Plans (under 2000 s.f.): $500 *add .25 per s.f. over 2000
- All plans can be modified at an hourly rate of $50 per hour
- Changes such as Customer name, Site address and location specific notes are included
- Special Rates are available for Architects, Developers, and multi-home builders
What’s included in a typical plan set?
- All 4 Elevations noting Wall, Foundation and Truss bearing heights and exterior finish details where appropriate
- All Floor Plans Including Foundation/ Lower Level finish, Main Floor and Second Floor plans where applicable
- Wall Sections of each type; typically Foundation type, such as Full bsmt, Viewout, Daylight or Walkout
- At least One wall section detailing Foundation to Roof, typically required by Code officials for permitting
- Stair Section noting all heights: Floor to Floor, Guardrail, Railing, Head height as well as Tread and Riser sizes.
- Any other details which would typically be needed to relate unique assemblies or designs to the builder
- PDF files will be sent to you by email which you can then forward to a printer in your area.
- Printing costs are the responsiblity of the purchaser and there’s no limit to the number of sets you can print
- If you have no printer capable of printing 24″x 36″ in your area contact us and we can print for you. for a per s.f. fee.
- Our typical print size is 24″ x 36″ with the usual set containing 5-7 sheets.
Note: Complete Cad Inc does not provide structural detailing or design in any form. This is typical as lumber estimators will specify beam sizes based on local factors. Truss companies also typically supply truss plans based on these same factors. Lastly Foundation depths vary in different climate zones and will need to be adjusted. These adjustments as well as requirements for submittals of the additional documents will be noted on all plan sets.
Is there a warranty?
Due to the nature of our product and the fact that the product is downloaded after purchase, our 30 day warranty is limited to replacement of the electronic file. We do our best to provide accurate plans but we do occasionally make mistakes. Contact us via the contact method and we will happily provide you a corrected file.
What exactly does “green” mean?
Green means using products that are easily renewable, such as wood products made from waste or by-products of the manufacturing process. It also means using products that consume less energy during manufacture, save energy or emit less pollution once installed.One example might be a choosing a paint that has a low VOC emission (volatile organic chemical)
What are the usual steps to complete a residential construction project?
In most cases an individual who wants a home built or remodeled will contact a builder directly. The builder then assigns the tasks of:
- Home design
- Drafting & detail of the home plan
- Bidding by sub-contractors
- Actual construction of the home
Who is chosen for these tasks varies widely but in the case of drafting & detailing, the choice most builders use is to submit the plans directly to the drafter. The plan may come from a current design that’s to be modified, an original design from an architect or home designer contracted by the builder separately, or even an idea brought in from the homeowner themselves. Most successful builders have a library of already completed plans to choose from. It’s a very common practice to begin with one of these and modify it to become an entirely different home.
Do I need an architect?
If you are unsure of what you want, maybe yes. An architect can be considered an administrator of the entire process, walking you though budget, home designs, site location, the loan process and finally the building process. There are literally hundreds of decisions to be made in the homebuilding process, the very least of which are cost, design, home size, type & style, paint & carpet colors, heating type, countertop material, etc. etc. etc.An experienced architect will assume the responsibility to help you make these choices, lead you in the correct direction, communicate your designs to the builder and keep you within your budget. This communication between Architect and builder is very frequently overlooked but yet is a critical factor in the homebuilding process.
What do I receive?
You will receive your selected home plans formatted to print to 24″ x 36″, issued with “study set” stamp for your review.Once you’re ready to build, let us know by contacting us here and we’ll finalize the construction documents for you – no additional cost. Building address will be added and the plans will be sent back within 24 hours if no changes are requested.
What if I want to change something?
All home plan changes and renovations are $50/hr.Modifying your plan is as easy as filling out our Request a Quote form with the revisions that you’d like to see, and we’ll get started right away. If you prefer talking on the phone, you can give us a call at our office line, 616-540-6305 to take care of the details. We can also be reached by mail. Send all correspondence to: Complete CAD Inc, 7710 Northland drive NE Rockford, MI 49341
Why buy from Complete Cad?
- You’re buying directly from the designer – not the middleman
- We own all the rights and files for every home plan that we sell
- Most homes have been built multiple times – so there are no surprises when it’s time to build
- Free modification quotes within 24 hours
- Instant, electronic delivery of your plan
- Best price, guaranteed